Robbie Williams ‘may return’ for Take That anniversary
Written by admin on 26th June 2016
Robbie Williams may re-join Take That for a 25th anniversary album and tour, the band’s members have revealed.
“We’ve been talking to Robbie about it,” said Howard Donald.
“It might be that if we do a 25th anniversary album, that we do some co-writing or some extra tracks on that. In our minds at the moment there’s an intention to do some new tracks, a greatest hits [album] and a tour,” said band mate Mark Owen, who said “it would be nice to do something with” Williams.
But Owen said it was unlikely former member Jason Orange could be enticed back to the chart-topping band after leaving in 2014.
“I think Jay is happy where he is,” said the 44-year-old, who currently makes up Take That with Donald, 48, and Gary Barlow, 45. “I don’t think at the moment he has any sort of dreams or wishes to come back and do it, so we’re just carrying on doing our thing. Jason is in his place where he is now and he’s not got any intention at the moment to be back in the band.”
Take That formed in 1990 and had their first top 10 hit two years later with their cover version of It Only Takes a Minute. They split in 1996 but reformed in 2006 for a reunion tour, which led to new albums.
Williams, 42, left the group in 1995 but re-joined briefly in 2010 for the band’s Progress album and tour.
Last week it was announced Barlow will front a Saturday night BBC One show leading a talent search for the cast of a Take That musical.
Let it Shine, co-presented by Graham Norton and Mel Giedroyc, will search for a band to take part in a stage show featuring the group’s music.
(Source: BBC News)